A Swiss multinational chemical company acquired two medium enterprises in Japan and faced complexities and a lack of synergy in logistics and supply chain networks. The head of operations turns to Lagrange to secure successful supply chain data integration and re-configure three merged supply chain networks.
How Lagrange helped
- Collaborated with Lagrange to create an updated map of the merged supply chain networks and the define supply chain integration roadmap.
- Leveraged artificial intelligence and optimization to integrate the fragmented data of acquired companies and find the best network configuration.
- Used Lagrange Control Tower to scan merged supply chain networks, enabling them to identify the area of improvement in warehousing and transportation.
Lagrange provided support to the client:
- Created visibility and data transparency for each supply chain network.
- Automated supply chain data integration and modelling, reducing the project time that equated to $300K cost savings (3 supply chain and data analysts).
- Reconfigured supply chain network and shut down the unnecessary facilities, reducing carbon footprint by 15% and total annual costs by 27% or $3M.